Thursday, September 1, 2011

C Beach 2011


By Reihan Stephen

Driving up to Negombo I was thinking to myself that I was doing a review of “just another beach party” but when I got down at the Jetwing Blue something in the atmosphere and the air told me that I was about to be proved wrong.


C Beach 2011 was an event to promote the beauty of the Negombo beach put together by Concept co. and also to promote rugby as a fun sport rather than a game which is all rough and tough.


It also must be noted that C beach was back after a lapse of 7 years. Speaking to Daily Mirror Life Vrai Perera, the Operations Director said activities such as Paint balling and ATV riding were included in order to create a fun environment for the participating teams. The morning session comprised a Tap Rugby tournament, ATV riding and zorbing.



The tournament was won by team CSR headed by Rohitha Rajapaksa. Following the morning activities a fashion show choreographed by Brian Kerkoven took off, organized by Arugam Bay to show off their summer beach wear collection. The event was concluded by a spectacular fireworks display and dancing. The icing on the cake was in fact not the usual baila session one would have expected but a spectacular beatboxing number by Juilus Mitchell and the the beat drummers. A grand end to an equally grand event, I must say.





No comments:

Post a Comment