Friday, September 23, 2011

Keshiya Leitch Prefers Bold Route to Success


R
onnie Leitch needs no introduction because he is too well known as a singer, actor and total entertainer. But today we focus on his daughter Keshiya Romenda Leitch who hopes to blend with international relations.

Your family…
My mother is Yvette, my dad is Ronnie Leitch and brother Keshan.

About you…
I studied at Bishop’s College, did my A/L’s and later engaged myself in various fields like the UN and the MTV news division. I then took up higher studies in social sciences.

Your aim..
My one and only ambition is to join the diplomatic corp and work in international relations.


Your current involvements…
Media research and promotional activities, serving as a business manageress.

Your talents

I can sing and have acted in English plays. Have been part of commercials and acted in a movie directed by Roy de Silva.

Why didn’t you choose arts?
I don’t like to be a professional artiste. If it is not money-oriented I may consider it as a hobby.

Are you getting acting offers?
I got a few, but I guess they did not suit me, so I declined them. People know me as Ronnie’s daughter but I have created a small niche for myself.

Do you dislike popularity?

Popularity restricts your freedom, so I don’t intend on burdening my life. I dislike the popular culture because the spotlight on us becomes more alive.


What do you like?

To undertake a job that suits my qualifications.

What’s your view about your father treading the popular path?
There are two sides to it. People accept him as a popular figure and we respect him because we are also his fans. There were times when my friends used to joke about my father’s baldness. But that was the key to his popularity. But I know he had hair in the good old days.

What kind of person is your father at home?
Out of jokes, he is very strict with me and my brother.

Your age?
22

Describe yourself?
I like to lead a meaningful life experiencing the goodness in it.  I also wish to lead an exemplary, harmless lifestyle.







Text/Pix : Sandun Gamage

No comments:

Post a Comment